As you may know, 1835 Coffee Lab work based on sustainability lines, due to it, we are activly working with public and private initiatives for the Environment. In this time we were part of the declaratory against the use of plastics, realized in Galapagos for the Earth's Day. Here we have some interest topics found by the World Economic Forum.
- Oceans and seas are being contaminated with 8 millions of tons of plastic wastes per year approximately.
- 70% of the plastics in the oceans and seas, go to the bottom of it, just the 30% of all the wastes stay over the surface.
- Worldwide there are five islands of wastes, distributed through the Atlantic, Indic and Pacific Oceans.
- Plastics production on Earth is growing without being stopped, for 2020, there will be 500 million tons of plastics produced per year.
- Between 2002 and 2013, there was an increase of the 50% of the plastics production.